Vizio Smart TV – The best answer: yes and no. There is no integrated SmartCast app yet and the built-in Chromecast function does not work because the built-in version of Chromecast Vizio is outdated. Apple’s AirPlay feature is currently active and a December update should make Vizio’s built-in Chromecast work with Disney +.
This is what happens.
There is no Disney + app in the integrated SmartCast operating system. It’s a shame, especially for those who only use the integrated operating system with their Vizio TV without any other type of connected transmission device. And that should not be (and not at all) the end of the world, because all modern Vizio TVs also serve as targets for Chromecast, the method of Google (and Android) for transferring video from a phone to a TV and the Apple AirPlay protocol.
AirPlay works well. If you have Disney + on an iPhone or iPad, you can use it to get Disney + on your Vizio TV without connecting.
However, Chromecast is not working. Try it and you will receive an error message. It appears that the integrated version of Chromecast that Vizio uses on their TVs is terribly outdated. They will publish an update in December to integrate Chromecast into a current version that is compatible with Disney +.
In the meantime, you can connect almost any security device, box or modern communication device and get access to Disney +, and much more than you get native with SmartCast, as we think so. Take a Roku Express for $ 29, or use a Google Chromecast for $ 35 or an Amazon Fire 4K TV Stick for $ 49? It depends on what you want to use: they will take you there.
Vizio also claims it expects a native Disney + SmartCast app in 2020, but we still don’t have a specific timeline for this.
How to watch Disney+ on a Vizio smart TV using AirPlay 2
After years of exaggeration and waiting, Disney + has finally arrived. The video streaming service debuted on November 12 and, despite a difficult debut full of technical issues and critical content, Disney says more than 10 million accounts have been created so far. But this number can be higher. It appears that although Disney + supports a large number of streaming devices and smart TVs, a large player does not have a Disney +: Vizio application and that his customers do not like the news.
We don’t know how or why Mickey Mouse has left the second-largest TV seller in the United States. UU. The end result for owners of Vizio SmartCast TV is that there is currently no Disney + app and therefore there is no easy way to view the streaming service.
In an email message on November 19, Vizio said that support for Disney + using the Chromecast feature will be available through a version of the software that is expected to begin in early December. However, currently the casting is not working and the company has not released details about when a native Disney + app would have arrived for its smart TVs.
How to get Disney Plus on Vizio Smart TV?
However, there is a way to get Disney + on a Vizio TV, but this is only an option if you have a newer Vizio model with Apple AirPlay 2 and if you have an iOS device such as an iPhone, an iPad, or a Mac.
- First, make sure your Vizio TV is compatible with AirPlay 2. If you have ever purchased the TV in the last three years, chances are high, but that is the official list of models.
- Download and install the Disney + app on an iOS device, if you have not already done so.
- Open the Disney + app and log in if necessary. The Send button may appear on the main screen. Ignore it for now because it won’t work with your Vizio TV until the software update is promised in December.
- Do you not see an AirPlay button? Not even us. You cannot launch AirPlay from the main screen.
- Select a movie or program to view and view on your device. Press pause as soon as it starts.
- You will now see a Send button and an AirPlay button in the upper right corner.
- Press the AirPlay button to display the list of available AirPlay 2 devices in your home network. Vizio Smart TV must be part of the options available.
- Select it and you should be ready to start.
We have not yet fully tested this solution. There may be obstacles along the way. If for any reason this process does not work, it may be necessary to wait until the launch in December or an indefinite period until the missing application is delivered.
November 19, 2019, updated with a Vizio response to Chromecast for Disney + compatibility